Saturday, August 7, 2010

Watkins Glen - Saturday

5:30 am - That's right, we're doing this thing early! Gotta get to Watkins Glen and beat all the traffic, that and I was too lazy to run errands last night after work. We're looking at leaving by 6:30 to be down at the Glen by 8:30 am.

8:45 pm- Arrived at the track.

9:00 am - First beers!

9:41 am- Walked into the track the blow cash, check out the chicks, and get free samples!

10:41 am - Blew through a ton of cash on 1/64th scale cars to pad my collection. Scored myself a Justin Allugair Verizon hat. Suck it Matt Bush! AT&T my ass. 10:51 am - Back to the car to drop off my loot and eat some subs. Cup qualifying going on. Montoya, R. Gordon, J. Gordon, and Menard last I saw.

1:25 pm - Back to the track, qualifying over Edwards, McMurray (? What did I miss?), Montoya, and Allmendinger top 5.

1:50 pm - Driver introductions. Drivers I'm cheering: Justin Allgair, Jacques Villenuve, Kevin Harvick, and Marcos Ambrose.

2:01 pm - National anthem time.

2:09 pm - Engines on! Kyle Busch looking for win 10 on the year, hopefully it doesn't happen.

2:28 pm - Brendan Gaughan looped it in one, Ambrose still leads.

2:45 pm - Pit stops started about lap 10, going for the work backwards strategy. Added bonus didn't realize my boy Newman was in this race. Ambrose in lap 17, let's see if streching it will hurt him.

2:50 pm - Caution out lots of action. 05 blew a left front, Menard. Booted Raines, and Harvick too fast on pit road. Logano was leading Ambrose, shows the difference in pitting early to late.

8:36 pm - So we kind of cut off here, well what ended up happening is when I was filming a restart there was about a 15 car pile up right in front of us! My youtube video. It was awesome I had the phone camera going, but with that in mind it killed the battery. So I had to decided between more pictures (maybe video) instead of continuing the blog and maybe missing some things. It was a fun, annoying haha, process of trying to keep you all informed. Unfortunitly I would need a lap top to make it easier to update and keep focus on what is going on. With that, there will be no Sunday blogging from the track. What you will see is that on my way back, battery power provided, I will try to post my reaction to the event. And if you thought I was kidding about blowing through money, 11 1/64th scale cars later...Until tomorrow, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment